Matt Leffingwell focuses on budget and appropriations at Peck Madigan Jones, with a particular focus on defense and foreign policy. Matt formerly worked at the One Campaign before joining the House Appropriations Committee as the Director of Coalitions and Member Services. He also has served in senior roles in the House as Chief of Staff to Rep. Kay Granger (R-TX) and served as Vice President at Farr, Miller & Washington, LLC.
At a Glance
- Chief of Staff, Congresswoman Kay Granger (R-TX)
- Senior Director of Government Relations, ONE Action (ONE Campaign)
- Director of Member Services and Coalitions, House Appropriations Committee
Areas of Expertise
- Foreign Policy
- Financial Services
- Republican Politics
- FY 2012 State and Foreign Operations Appropriations Act
- FY 2013 State and Foreign Operations Appropriations Act
- FY 2014 State and Foreign Operations Appropriations Act
- FY 2014 Border Supplemental Appropriations Act
- FY 2015 Consolidated Appropriations Act
- Electrify Africa Act
- Africa Growth and Opportunity Act
- FY 2017 Consolidated Appropriations Act
Matt is responsible for budget and appropriations work at Peck Madigan Jones with a special focus on defense and foreign policy.
He had several senior staff roles on Capitol Hill including six years as Chief of Staff for Defense Appropriations Chairwoman Rep. Kay Granger, and in the front office of the House Appropriations Committee where he was the Director of Member Services and Coalitions. At the committee he helped shepherd twelve appropriations bills through to enactment totaling $1.2 trillion in discretionary spending.
In the middle of his Hill career, he served as the senior director of government relations for ONE Action; an advocacy and lobbying organization focused on ending extreme poverty and disease in sub-Saharan Africa and co-founded by U2 front man Bono. As the senior lobbyist for the advocacy organization, he was able to secure nearly $12 billion in funding for programs intended to help those most in need.
In addition to his Congressional and lobbying career, he consulted for former then-New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, worked for private wealth management firm, is currently the co-chairman of the board for the Tsavo Conservation Group, a board member for One Village, and is a Member of the Venerable Order of St. John.