Andrew McKechnie brings a wealth of public policy and political experience to Peck Madigan Jones. During his time on Capitol Hill, Andrew put together a distinguished and well-rounded career in both the Senate and House of Representatives.
Dr. Rick Shinto, CEO, InnovaCare
Andrew has become a trusted advisor to our company by helping us sort through all the noise in D.C. and focus on the issues, people and outcomes that really matter.
At a Glance
- A Key Policy Advisor During the Development and Debate over the Affordable Care Act
- Lead Republican Staffer to the House Medical Technology Caucus
- Lead Republican Staffer of the Addiction, Treatment and Recovery Caucus
Areas of Expertise
- Politics and Political Strategy
- Health Care Policy
- Senate Finance and HELP Committees
- House Ways & Means and Energy & Commerce Committees
- Republican Leadership in both the House and Senate
- Bipartisan Budget Act of 2018
- Puerto Rico Oversight, Management, and Economic Stability Act of 2016
- Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act of 2015
- Affordable Care Act of 2009
- Conquer Childhood Cancer Act of 2008
- Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act of 2008
Membership & Lectures
- Delta Omega Honorary Society in Public Health
- MS, Health Policy, George Washington University
- BA, University of St. Thomas
Andrew previously served as policy advisor to Senator Chuck Grassley (R-IA) while he served as the Senior Republican on the Senate Finance Committee. Prior to his work with Senator Grassley and the Senate Finance Committee, he served as a Legislative Assistant to former Senator Norm Coleman (R-MN) and former Rep. Jim Ramstad (R-MN), a senior member of the Ways and Means Committee. In addition to his legislative experience on Capitol Hill, Andrew has worked on Presidential, House and Senate campaigns.
With a strong background in health care policy, Andrew is a particularly valuable resource to clients trying to navigate and respond to the highly regulated health care industry.
Andrew lives in D.C. with his wife and two children. In his free time, he is a competitive triathlete, completing four Ironman races.